October 25, 2023
8 of Ireland's Most Famous Tourist Sites
See some of Ireland's most famous sites to see and add them into your next campervan road trip!
8 of Irelands Most Famous Tourist Sites
There are many tourist attractions around the world you can visit, but Ireland stands out for its rich history and vibrant culture. Ireland has a variety of amazing things to see, including historic cities and breathtaking landscapes. The following are places are the must visit tourist attractions in Ireland.
Dublin - It's Ireland's capital city, and any traveller who visits the country must see and explore this place. It offers a great experience of the Irish way of life, with its rich history, famous pubs, and bustling streets.
What to see in Dublin
- The Guinness Storehouse - See where Ireland’s most famous beer is made in the heart of Dublin’s Liberties
- Trinity College and the Book of Kells - One of Ireland’s most beautiful pieces of art. The book dating from 800AD has the four Gospels of the New Testament with amazing illustrations.
- The National Museum of Ireland - The home of some of the most famous Irish history and archaeological finds such as the Tara Brooch, bog bodies and much more.
- Dublin Zoo - Founded in 1831, Dublin zoo has been delighting visitors for nearly 200 years and is a great day out with kids.
- National Gallery - See some of Ireland's most famous artists such as Jack B. Yeats as well as international painters such as Caravaggio
The Cliffs of Moher - The cliffs are 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean and are an excellent spot for anyone who wants a good view of the surrounding countryside. They are among the most visited tourist destinations in the country, and if you want to experience Ireland's natural beauty, you should plan on going here at least once.
The Ring of Kerry: Driving along this scene gives you a view of some gorgeous landscapes, such as the quaint villages, rolling hills, as well as the breathtaking coastal views. Perfect to explore in your campervan hire. Stop into Killarney National Park too when you are in Kerry.
The Giant's Causeway: This is the place to be if you want to see natural hexagonal basalt columns. It's an incredible sight that will give you never-ending memories, just like other tourists who've visited before. All along this area has
While you are there, go and visit the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. It is just up the road and is one of the most unique sites in all of Ireland!
Galway City: This city is popular for its historic buildings, colorful streets, and lively cultural scene. It would be best to spend some time exploring the place as you soak up the atmosphere and take in local sights.
The Burren: This incredible landscape boasts various plants and wildlife and is also home to several ancient archaeological sites in Ireland. It is also where the famous Irish sitcom, Father Ted, had its parochial house. You can now visit it as it is a tea rooms but booking is essential.
The Rock of Cashel: Visiting this historic castle is one of the ways you can interact with Ireland's rich history and heritage.
Lastly, Ireland is blessed with a rich history, natural beauty, and vibrant culture, earning it a top spot among the best tourist destinations. From the incredible landscapes you'll find in the Ring of Kerry to the vibrant streets of Dublin; there's no room for boredom in this gorgeous country.
Book your campervan with Rambling Rover and get exploring!